Wednesday 3 January 2018

Beastie's Birthday

Hello -  My first post of 2018!  Happy New Year!
I made this card for my Goddaughter's birthday using a digi image called Dark Queen from Tiddly Inks
We always watch the film Maleficent together and this image that I used just reminded me of the film. The film is basically Sleeping Beauty but from the perspective of the Witch and it's really good!! She is the fairy Godmother and calls Sleeping Beauty "Her little Beastie"


I used a Friskars punch on a panel of My Favourite things Pinstripe in purple and I used the grey star paper from Pink Fresh Oh Joy collection which I used a MFT oval die to cut an panel. I added some gold letters and stars from Thickers and I used Lawn Fawn Harolds ABC to stamp "BEASTIE"

OOOO I almost forgot.... this was also the first outing for my new COPICS! I got a set for Christmas and was sold by just the black and Skin colours that I used on this card!! That brush nib just blows all the others away. So I immediately used some Christmas money and bought another 72!! I am still 100+ missing from my collection but... they will be mine!!! (MWAH HA HAH HA ... Evil laughter!)

I still used Promarkers too -
Cool greys
Purple & Wild Orchid
Raw Sienna, Cinnamon & Tan

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -
Tiddly Inks - Anything Goes with Tiddly Inks
Passion for Promarkers - Make it Digital
Die cut divas - Use something new
Sweet Stamping - Anything New
Love to scrap - Anything Goes


I really love how she turned our and I am definitely (and I did resist for sooo long!!)  a convert to Copics - but I still love all my colour choice from my Promarkers!!

See you soon,
Liz (:(|)x


14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card and lovely story about your inspiration for making it. I'm sure your God-daughter is going to love this to bits! Fabulous image, it is SO FUN and super cool card design. So perfect for our 'New' challenge. Happy New Year! Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy! This is a wonderful card. Great coloring. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is super, what agreat image and brilliant colouring, Thanks for sharing with us on Passion for Promarkers this week, Happy New Year too, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool card with lovely colours and sweet design. Thanks for joining my Make it digital challenge over at PFP this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Tiddly Inks! Good luck,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card!! Perfect choice of image for our Anything Goes challenge! Thanks for sharing your card with us! Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh wow, this is stunning - great image and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining in our digi image at Passion for Promarkers this week, hugs Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on those new Copics. I love them too. And I love the witch. Fantastic card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Fantastic colouring too! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Colouring that dress is amazing and a beautiful layout of the card .. Thanks for Joining us over at Tiddly Inks Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is very nice,Thanks for sharing good blog.

    หนังผจญภัย

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous card lovely...love the lay out and fabulous colouring..thanks for joining us over at Tiddly Inks..hugs Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wooow your coloring is fantastic! I'm very impressed that u bought 72 markers in one go! So do you find copics' colors brighter? Iuse promarkers because that's what i find in the local store but have always found them a bit dull and have to brighten them up with pencil contrasts! Thanks for sharing your card and explaining the sweet moment that it represents at Love to Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. Great coloring..... Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.
    Dawn DT

    ReplyDelete