Sunday 27 March 2016

Go for it Duck.

Happy Easter Sunday. The card I've made for today is using Scaredy Duck. I thought I would try and combine the current Animal challenge with something kind of Eastery (Is that a word??) So I went for a kind of chick! I got a little carried away with all the sequins & Glitter in the shaker card but I think he deserves a little excess for his bravery. 


I made the shaker section using my new Lawn Fawn Large stitched circles dies which I love!  I cut the frame from Doodlebug paper and the background from Echo Park Splash collections. I used Doodlebug glitter and sequins to fill the disc which I sealed with 3d foam around the acetate frame.
I covered a round card base with another Echo park pattern from the collection and glued the shaker card on top. Once I had coloured Scardey Duck in using my promarkers I cut closely around him and stuck him to the top with 3D foam. I added glaze to his beak and feet along with the rubber ring which I also scattered a little cosmic shimmer glitter on to try and make it appear wet. 
Finally I used black glitter letter from Hobbycraft to spell out the greeting. 

I used these Promarkers and Flexmarkers to colour the image - 
Duck - Soft Lime, Lemon, Yellow & a touch of Gold. 
Beak & Feet - Gold & Bright Orange. 
Rubber ring - Powder Blue & Sky Blue, Pastel Green & Ocean Teal. 



If you click on the picture above you can see the latest challenge at Dr Digi which is Animals and win yourself some free digis! And there are so many cool ones to choose from...  So don't forget to get your entries in. 

All for now - Hope you've not eaten too many Easter eggs and are having a lovely Bank Holiday weekend. 

Liz (:(|)x

No comments:

Post a Comment