Saturday 16 May 2015

I'm so very ready for Summer!

I am willing the Sun to come out by creating this card! I am ready for Summer & the veg plot is def ready for Summer - enough of the rain already!


So I'll keep making bright and sunny cards in the hope that the weather warms up very soon.

I made this card using Dr Digi image - A Dunderton Abroad. I wanted to go with his tropical shirt and suitcase somewhere exotic. It as either that or I went retro British and had him on a traditional Pier - Maybe I'll do that next time. This Image reminded me of my Dad with his socks and sandals - think I'll use it for his Fathers Day Card!

For this card I used Simple Stories "Goodday Sunshine"collection. The Sentiment sheet is cut from a 12x12 paper and mounted on white to make it stand out a little. The sticker top right is from the embellishment collection. I die cut the Palm Tree using a Sizzix die and more papers from the collection. I used Promarker in bright green to add some texture to the leaves. I added some gems in cor-ordinating colours as I thought it needed something else but didn't know what to go with. I thought these gems would evoke the idea of the sand and sea. I added some glaze on to the Sunglasses and the camera lens. 

I used these promarkers to colour the digi image - 
Shorts & tash -  Warm Grey 1,3 & 5
Skin - Spice, Coral, Soft Peach, Blush & Antique White. 
Sunglasses - Ice grey 1 & 5, Black & Egyptian blue. 
Socks - Saffron, Halloween & Orange. 
Sandals & Case - Tan, Nutmeg, Saddle Brown & Cocoa.
Shirt  - Frosted Jade, Island Lagoon & Marine / Halloween & Orange / Leaf Green & Bright green. 
Head Scarf - Leaf green, Bright Green & Honeydew.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges -
ABC Challenge  - J is for Jewels.
Brown Sugar - Fathers Day.
Crafting Musketeers - Use a die cut.
Craft your passion - ATG
Crafts Galore - ATG
Scribble & Scrap - ATG
The Crafting Cafe - Around the world.
Use your Stuff - Sunshine
PINspirational - Photo.

Thanks for popping in - leave a comment to say a Cheery Hello,
Liz (:(|)x

32 comments:

  1. Such a fun creation!
    Lovely take on the Sunshine theme. Thanks for playing at Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun happy cheery card, I love it and the bling for the sea and sand

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his shirt a wonderful cheerful card and full of sunshine Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, looks like summer has begun somewhere!
    Thanks for playing in our Around The World Challenge at The Crafting Cafe
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz, this is such a great card. I love the image and your design but your coluring is the real star of the show...lovely...xxx
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi this is a fantastic card. Thank you for joining us at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. so stunning.fabulous fun image and i love your design and bright colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I love him, fab use of those gems. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fun card 😀 thanks for joining in with the crafting cafe challenge this month - Janna DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is a great card Lilibet, don't know how I came to miss this on my feed on Saturday, never mind I'm here now. Lovely colours as always and a fab design.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice card . Thank you for joining BSC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun card. I love how you used the Simple Stories card. Thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore challenge ' Anything for May'. Love Monika DT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Crafting Musketeers challenge 25, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore this. You have really brought the card to life with your fabulous colouring. His shirt is perfection.

    Thanks for joining in with our Jewels challenge

    Lin
    ABC

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love, love, love your card. It is so bright and makes me happy. Is the sentiment a stamp and if it is which company is it from? thank you for sharing your awesome talent with us!

    ReplyDelete