Sunday 3 May 2015

Enjoy Retirement.

I made this card as a special request for a Retirement card. I used an image called Deirdery's Day Off from Dr Digi. I love the humour in these images but still wanted it quite feminine.



I stuck to two patterned papers from My Minds Eye - Now & Then Collection onto a sheet the same size as the the card and attached a strip of co-ordinating Bazzill Swiss Dot. I then Die cut the circle from Spellbinders which I stuck on top of the coloured image using 3d foam so it was raised. I also drew around the die to get a slightly larger frame which I cut by hand. I paper pieced the Sunshade and towel and added glaze to her glasses, jug and Cocktail.
I used a Die-namics die to cut the Banner and added Websters pages letter stickers to spell out "Retirement" - Luckily there were just enough flags! I cut "Enjoy" from glitter paper using my Cameo machine - Which I really need to use more to its full potential!
Finally I added a ribbon bow tied with a button and twine, along with some pink gems to add the Bling.

Deirdery is coloured with the following Promarkers and Flex markers -
Skin - Spice, Coral, Soft Peach, Blush, Antique White
Hair - Baby Pink, Cerise, Lipstick Red.
Swim suit - Honeydew, Pastel Green, Frosted Jade,
Sun lounger - Cocoa, Caramel, Cinnamon.
The drink is coloured with Soft Lime, Yellow & Mustard. I then went over the top with Frozen Lake to add the Glass effect.
I also used some Warm Grey 3 to add shadow to the paper piecing.

I would like to enter this card into the following Challenge -
Sugar & Betty challenge  - ATG
Ants in my pantry - ATG
CCC Challenge - Card Recipe.
Craft your passion -ATG
 Whimsy Inspires -  Colour an image.
Scribble and scrap craft - ATG

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lilibet. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at CCC Digi Creations. We would love to see you again. Anet DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anet - And thanks for picking my card last week. x

      Delete
    2. Congratulations on your win Lilibet. Just love that cute image.

      Delete
  2. thanks for joining #259 challenge with Craft Your Passion Challenge Blog, hope to see you this week too! :)

    Kasia, Craft Your Passion DT
    www.artekatie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, fun card. Love it. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us over at CCC Digi Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hoot1 Love your card and all the eye candy...down to the glitter! Thank you for joining us at the Doodle Pantry Ants in the panty challenge #5.

    ReplyDelete